Beating a Dead Horse with Add-A-Leaf | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Beating a Dead Horse with Add-A-Leaf

Fischer

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Durango, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer XLT 4x4
Anyone with a "Long" add-a-leaf?

I have scoured the earth, so to speak.

I have found "Short" style AALs (Pro-Comp 13120) but I dont want short, or my leafs to Mustache.

The shackle is just not enough. Help me please if you have any clue. Part #'s and where you stumbled on this "Long" add-a-leaf..

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The long ad a leaf will do nothing for you, nada.

trust me I tried it. Superlift makes one for you. It gained me approximatley zero lift. So now I have the short and long ad a leafs in my rear springs, the short leafs have flattened out pretty much as well, took about 8 months for them to go flat. They are Superlift, apparently you can get better brands that will not go flat so easy.

I plan to buy some 4"lift springs eventually. Having your stock springs re-arched will lift it but it will cost you some articulation.

Originally posted by 410Fortune
The long ad a leaf will do nothing for you, nada.
...It gained me approximatley zero lift...now I have the short and long ad a leafs in my rear springs, the short leafs have flattened out pretty much as well...

Wow, that is a wicked pissah!

Well I wonder if I got the "Long" style if I could have it bent more from a spring shop. I only really need about 1" or so. The shackles and the rear are almost lower than the front with less than 2" of TT.

I like cheap alternatives to a whole pack. ****e!

What about a 1" lift block?

Originally posted by 410Fortune
What about a 1" lift block?

No-Can-Do....I have the low slung Axle over Spring.

I wish though. But a SOA is about 5.5" or so. I wish I could afford a 4" lift.

Back