Beautiful Exhaust Setup

ShanehSMP

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ont
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLS 2WD
33727990055_large.jpg

I've already contacted a few custom shops in the area to get a quote for the work.

I think there was another member on this site that had something very similar. Does anyone have any pics of a set-up like this, showing the routing of the exhaust pipe?

Here is another example from a guy on Cardomain:

30444240165_large.jpg

He seems to have the pipes running under the...which I definitely do not want

I only have a V6 but I'm a huge fan of symmetry on cars and I can't stand the way my welded on tip looks anymore.....I also plan on using black tips - will possibly paint them using high temp exhaust paint. or maybe I'll just buy black ones....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that does look pretty sweet ... but taking out the receiver cross member isnt a good idea ... isnt the cross member the actual bumper?

seen it, me and limited have similar ideas =P, i know im not going to do it till after stage 2 of my build. which includes the 5.4L swap and bullet proof 5r55w. and yes its not a good idea, as its not the bumper per say, but the reciever is the backing for the back step.

well i use the receiver from time to time so it wouldnt work for me but it definitely looks awesome. i hope you guys do it and be sure to post pics. does anyone have anymore pics like these?

seen it, me and limited have similar ideas =P, i know im not going to do it till after stage 2 of my build. which includes the 5.4L swap and bullet proof 5r55w. and yes its not a good idea, as its not the bumper per say, but the reciever is the backing for the back step.

The reciever is indeed the bumper. I just had mine apart so I know for sure. Here's a pic without it...

100_3626.jpg

The reciever is indeed the bumper. I just had mine apart so I know for sure. Here's a pic without it...

100_3626.jpg

I'm pretty sure I can have a metal shop fabricate a "faux receiver" to fit in place. Probably have it with a square cut-out that will sit around the exhaust tips and is hidden by the bumper. I'm still waiting on hearing from these muffler shops regarding price...

shaneh, you could probably take the original receiver cross member to a fab shop and just get them to "delete" the receiver and maintain most of the strength

Hey guys....I'm sourcing mufflers right now....thinking of going with the FM 50...currently have the FM 40
389-525562.jpg

Checking to see if there is any issue with going from 2.5 in to dual 2.25 out that you guys could think of. I know that the exhaust velocity exiting the muffler would reduced due to the increased exit area......I still don't have a full grasp of how the exhaust system effects performance.....I've got a V6 btw

Also, do you guys know of any other company that sells high flow mufflers with dual outlets? Can't seem to find anything anywhere...

thanks

Magnaflow...

much better flow through the muffler then flowmaster, and they dont sound very raspy...

flowmaster uses baffles to achieve the sound, while magnaflow is a straight through design, with much less restriction...

X2 on the Magnaflow... or anything else with a flowthrough... Showmaster brings the suck.

Ok ok, you've convinced me..... should I go with this:
12158.jpg

or

this:
12280.jpg

I want to keep the discharge airflowclose to what it would be if I had only one outlet.....

these are fairly cheap too compared to the Flowmaster I've looked at...

I'd go with the smaller one. Save a little weight.

You *******s!!!! FLOWMASTER RULE!!!!!!!!!! But if you prefer a Magnablow, then so be it:D

If I ever got crazy with my Ex(which means I won the lottery) then I would be rocking the exhaust where the hitch would go. I like the second exhaust pic the best, but would have it custom made to match the bumper angles.

Back