Ok - here is the before...
Dead Link Removed

and the after...
Dead Link Removed

And yet after again!
Dead Link Removed

New tires are needed!

JonM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Reminds me of mine, front bumper kinda slanted downward, and the rear still sittin low, is that rear not a pain in the ass?? I am actually having a local 4x4 shop get some designs for a rear bumper similar to Matt Adam's and David Meisner's minus the tire carrier, but with a hitch. Anyways, I am having them design some interchangeable brackets in case I ever take it off and want to go back to stock. But I am having them put a hitch in there because my hitch would be hanging down there looking kinda bad. So, anyways, I think your truck looks great, and about your future mods, don't get a paint job, yours looks great, now mine, well, it looks like crap. But, everyone that says somehting about the lift (always good comments, excet for the 2wheeling deal, my buddies at work always say that to me) they think I am stupid for lifting a 2wd truck, oh well, I think they're just jealous that they're driving Chevy Celebrities, and old old Toyota celicas

rock,
Yeah - the front bumper didn't come out quite right - I will get it fixed eventually. I am going to have some custom brackets made for the rear and a custom hitch. The existing class III hitch will look retarded with the bumper raised.

I probably won't do a paint job - this thing is seeing more and more off-road work (do to construction sites) and I wouldn't want to ruin a paint job right away. Next step is going to be custom nerfs so clients can get in easier. And maybe even some of Matt's lighting :)

JonM

Jon,
Thats a great looking truck, can tell its a southern vehicle, No rust/scratches like ours up here! Love the color too, dont see many like that.

xwhaler,
Thanks for the commetns, but I gotta tell ya - the truck is a '93, bought from Iverson Ford in Billerica, MA - It stayed in Tewksbury until May of '99 when I bought it from my parents and transported it! BTW - What part of N Andover are you from? I (obviously) used to live up there, maybe we have friends in common or something...

Jon

Jon,
Live on Raleigh Tavern Lane, its kind of out country near Middleton. Again, Love the truck, I have been thinking of lifting my like yours, however, I dont want anything too high or showy. Also, are you familiar with any places I may be able to get Ford Factory or similar running boards for my 92. I dont like any of the aftermarket ones but would put on the ones designed for the 93-94. Thats all before the lift kit of course.

Great area out there! I'm not sure where to get stuff up there. I didn't get hooked until I moved to FL. Personally, I would look seriously at aftermarket nerf bars - they're stronger and look a bit better than running boards IMO.

Jon

Jon,

Your truck looks sweet! Are you gonna stay with the same size tires or go to a larger size?

Grant,
Thanks guy! I am going to go larger when I add the suspension lift. Here is an updated pic as of today - chrome nerfs are on and the rear bumper has been relocated to match the rest of the truck...
Dead Link Removed

Jon

Well, thanks very much, Jon...now I have to go and buy some chrome nerfs for my Ex becuase they look
so damn good on yours!

They look good with the chrome front grille, bumper and rear bumper. They kinda tie it all together
nicely. Good work.

Thanks dude!
I can't wait until I get the lift wiht the 15x10 polished rims too! (Or maybe black rims with chrome lugs...)

Jon

Jon-
NO BLACK WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w/ such a pretty truck anyway. i really like that color. kind of reminds me of my new 91:)~ lookin good man. keep up the good work. can't wait to see it in a couple months. -russel

ChuckyD,
No rub before, but it rubs on the extended arms now. I need to get wheels with a different offset. You can run 31's on some stock trucks up to 3" of lift real effectively.

J

Jon, looks great with the lift! What kind of and size of tires are going to go on next? Cant wait to see what it'll look like with the tires.

Grant,
I am either getting procomp xterrain or goodyear mt/r 35x12.50 on 15x10 rockcrawlers next... will get them 1st or 2nd week on Nov...

J

Jon,

Wow!, I can't believe it's finally on. Lookin' sharp. That thing is gonna look mean after the tires are on.

BTW, If the thing in Nov. is on a weekend, I should be able to make it. Is there an itenerary, or is it just a show up and go kind of thing?

Back