Best Non-Snow Tire for Eddie Bauer 4X4? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best Non-Snow Tire for Eddie Bauer 4X4?

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer EB
So I have a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, 4X4 (new to me)...with 42,000 miles on it....currently has 5 1/2 year old Michelin Latitudes on it with about 9,000 miles....not cheap tires, but the front tires are starting to show chips coming off the tread....everyone is telling me it's due to the age of the tire and get ready to buy new....it was garage kept, so I'm kind of disappointed in 5 year old tires doing this....anyways....regardless....I don't take it off road, all pavement, Florida vehicle....lots of rain here, and very hot summers....what have you all had the most success with as far as replacement tires?....I know different tires react differently to different vehicles, which is the reason for my asking.....not looking to be cheap, but a good riding all around tire, especially in wet weather....no snow here at all....thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Myself, I'd probably drive them, unless they're cracked around the tread and sidewall....like tires get when they're UV cracked and whatnot.

Nitto NT421Q

Run them on both my 08 Exploder and on the 2012 Expedition EL. Outstanding wet traction, smooth, quiet on the road and a pure all season tire.

I when I bought my limited it came with a brand new set of good year assurance triple treads which were ok at best but I was not overally impressed. After doing tons of extensive research I ended up getting General Grabber hts 60s. While they do ride a little harder than the good years I had prior I am very happy with them so far. I think a harder tire feels better on these explorers. They ride nice on the highway and are quiet. They hold tight on the wet roads with no hydroplaning at all and not that you care being in Florida but they got me through a number of snow and ice storms so far this season without slipping at all. They were also a good value. Ran about $600 installed for all 4. As far as how long they last too soon to tell from personal experience as I only have about 2,000 miles on them.

^^^^^Completely agree! Both my '02 and now my '06 use general grabbers and they are great tires! Quiet and good grip in snow and ice. Doubtful I'll ever go back to any other brand/tire.

Absolutely LOVE by Kumho Crugen ht51 225/65r17's. Very quiet, which was really important to me.

I love my 235/65/17 walmart douglas tires

Back