Best way to remove small dents? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best way to remove small dents?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i took my car to a place where they detail them some how they suck them back out it only cost 200 bucks to get the whole car done im sure they have people there that do it

Paintless Dent Repair is your friend!! :D

Ding King and Fix-A-Dent

I love my infomercials... :cool:

i usually just add another on the other side to make it look factory.

i've heard the paintless dent stuff is great if you get a guy who lknows what he is doing

I have two that I plan on pounding out from the back.

with out a dolly pounding out from the back will move more metal than you really want to.
You need to hold the metal that is where it needs to be in place, wile tapping out the low spot.
The paintless guys use long curved rod's and massage the dent out.

Fixing the small dents or dimples does not cost much to fix. $5 bondo and some sand paper will fix it. The expensive part is having it painted after. Most shops charge by the panel and not by the size of the damaged area.

I've had several dings PDR'd out of the Lexus, including one the size of a fist on the character line on the rear quarter panel, you'd never know they were there.

Originally posted by X-factor
Fixing the small dents or dimples does not cost much to fix. $5 bondo

Just don't use Bondo. That stuff is junk.
Loaded with air bubbles and not a great deal of adhesion stregth.
Evercoat. Good stuff.

( yes I know you were most likely using the generic term bondo )

No MONMIX, I was actually using Bondo brand. That is the only one available in my area. I like to use fiberglass though for larger dents.

I actually never heard of Evercoat. I definitely gotta check it out on other stores/places.

Look in the yellow pages for body shop supplys.
I am quite sure it is very avalible in your area.
Bondo is the only stuff avalible in the consumer retail market.

Back