• Register Today It's free!

Bezel Connector

galleon

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT, RHD
I'm trying to remove the radio that came with my 2005 XLT and for a new JVC unit. I've removed the center bezel and there are two wire connectors at the top end of the bezel, these wires go to the 4 wheel drive buttons on one side and the display reset etc on the other side. The book says 'remove the connectors' to allow the bezel to move out of the way so I can get the old radio out. These connectors are tight and I cannot see a release catch or button on the connector, is there a secret to getting these out ?

Thanks for any help

Kevin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you post a picture of the connector sides? Usually if there is not a tab large enough to press with your finger, then you need a small pick or flat blade screwdriver to pry up a tab.

Can you post a picture of the connector sides? Usually if there is not a tab large enough to press with your finger, then you need a small pick or flat blade screwdriver to pry up a tab.

20221015_140057.jpg

Not 100% sure but it looks like you just push in on that tab on the side, stick a flat blade screwdriver in between the tab and the loop pictured in front of it, and gently pry the top of the tab towards the body of the connector.

Here's a crap editing job on your pic, might help show where I mean. Not to scale. :)

pry.jpg

Not 100% sure but it looks like you just push in on that tab on the side, stick a flat blade screwdriver in between the tab and the loop pictured in front of it, and gently pry the top of the tab towards the body of the connector.

Here's a crap editing job on your pic, might help show where I mean. Not to scale. :)

View attachment 435618
Success, you were right, thanks !!

Back