BFG AT/KO 33-10.5-15's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFG AT/KO 33-10.5-15's

I am thinking about putting these on my X it is my wife's daily driver. I am concerned that this is too much tire for the gear ratio to get the mpg's I'm looking for. The 31's are to small so that my mpg's are suffering now. If you are running these and have average gas mileage specs let me know. I have 4.10's and 31's and get about 15mpg. Befor the 4.10's I had 3.73 with 31's and got 18.5. I don't want 32's because they are 11.5 wide.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Based on those figures they won't hurt your mpg, but they may not help.

Thanks Alec, but I know I saw some one on here that has this same set up. I can't remember who it is though, can you?

i am not 100% sure, but i know ray hutchinson did have 33x10.5x15 bfg ats at one point... not sure if he had 4.10s.... but it may have been him......

You should be fine, I know right now I'm hating my 33s and 3.73s, but I think with 4.10s it'd be fine.

Hey byrd what kind of mpg numbers are you getting? I have 33-12.5's for off road but they are on steel rims(heavy) and are 12.5" wide. I have the power to pull them but its the numbers I'm concerned with.

Back