• Register Today It's free!

Billet grille installation

nnnick

Reaction score
City, State
Sandusky, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport (Expedition)
Im installing my new billet grille (thanks expo50) and it looks awesome. It is a JBM billet grille insert, and it requires cutting of the factory grille. My truck is all torn apart and i took my factory grille out, but what all do i cut exactly? i dont know where to cut and i dont want to mess it up. I will post pics of the grille when it gets installed including my relocated hood latch. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here ya go:

Attachments

• nnnick.jpg
    nnnick.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 262

do i cut only the bars? i already started and cut from the bars back. why don ti have any patience??? i hope i didnt completley ruin it

well i just cut the middle bars only and it doesnt look right, it sits back pretty far, and from the pics of drews and hartmans i dont think its supposed to sit that far back, am i suppose to cut more than just the bars? like i said i already started cutting out some of the depth of the grille but stopped, i dont knwo what im doing.

nevermind, thanks for your help hartman, i finally got it installed right. only 6 hours of labor! haha. well it wasnt the most intense labor ever. more like 3 hours of goofing off and 3 hours of work

The reason that mine doesn't sit back far is because mine didn't require the cutting of those bars. It just overlays them and bolts to the back.

Post pics of the new grille already!

i need to become elite or find a site that allows remote hosting so i can post pics. But for now, check out my website www.cardomain.com/id/nnnick03 . My pics didnt turn out great cuz it was dark by the time i got done installing it, but ill get more pics 2morrow.

207001_23_full.jpg

OMG ITS THE ICY HOT STUNTAZ! CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH LOL!

umm, i dont get it....

Back