• Register Today It's free!

Billet Grille installed

Jester1994

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'16 Explorer Sport
Check out my billet grille and let me know what you guys think. (The Explorer was very dirty from traveling, so ignore any bug marks, ha)

Picture 1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not bad!

Looks great!
Nice to see a billit grille with some personality. The 5.0 logo ties it together well.

That looks sharp, does anyone know if the Mountaineer grill opening is the same as the explorer? I ask because I never see any aftermarket grills for my mounty. It appears as if the mounty grill opening is just "upsidedown" compared to the X.

Later

Josh

That looks great and I have been thinking about getting one, but I was a little concerned about the installation. I was reading that you have to cut out your old grill to mount the new one. Did you have to do this to mount yours? If you did have to cut, was it tough getting it the correct size? Thanks

It wasn't that bad, I put it off for a few months then finally went to a junkyard and got another grill. Jus tincase I screwed up, plus my grill had a few little blemishs on it. You need another set of hands (or clamps) to hold it down and then cut it out. It wasn't that bad, I snaded the edges a bit, then taped up the chrome and sprayed the inside all black so when you look through the billet grille, it's dark, all black.

The only issue was when I re-attached the grille to the front of my X, I had to cut down the screws they gave me, they hit a few spots, but all in all, it was pretty easy. About an hour or so, plus paint drying time.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

damn thats a shiny grill man, love the 5.0 symbol!

Looks so sweet. Where did you get the 5.0 symbol? That definitley adds some personality to it. :thumbsup:

TheFox88 said:
Looks so sweet. Where did you get the 5.0 symbol? That definitley adds some personality to it. :thumbsup:

I got 2 of them off of ebay a while ago, they are mustang 5.0 emblems. I have one on my tailgate where the Ford symbol used to be (I took and off and stuck on the 5.0). The other one is obviously now attahced to my new billet grille. It's a nice customized look that I wanted to go for. 5.0! :D

Where did you get the grill?

silverbullet99 said:
Where did you get the grill?

I am not sure if you are talking about the grille on the Explorer of my Billet grill. I ordered the billet grille off of ebay last year sometime. A for my other grill I thought you might have been talking about, I told someone aboeve that I got another grill from a junked Explorer so I could cut that one and install the Billet Grille. Just incase I had a little mess up with the saw.

Billet

I think the billet looks great - I am trying to find some sort of wire mesh that is stout enough to use in place of the center section. I don't like the look of the expanded metal that's seen alot on import tuners.
The look I am going for is the mesh painted black and have a 2002 Mounty grille emblem "floating" in the center.
(I have a '98 mounty)

http://photos.yahoo.com/shellnron@sbcglobal.net

RG

Is it possible to attach a Ford emblem to a billet grill, I love the look of them but for some reason I want the Ford emblem on there, in case ppl forget what it is ;)

00XLS said:
Is it possible to attach a Ford emblem to a billet grill, I love the look of them but for some reason I want the Ford emblem on there, in case ppl forget what it is ;)

Yes, I'm sure it is possible, it depends on where you get the ford emblem. the one I took off of my tailgate has hooks coming out of it to go intothe wholes in my tailgate (where I put my other 5.0 emblem). You can probably find a Ford emblem from a grill and detach it and use some 3M tape and fishing line or something like that, haha, who knows.

Back