New Billet Grille! Opinions? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Billet Grille! Opinions?

persampiere

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Earlier today I got my new billet grille in the mail. When I read the instructions it came with, it wanted me to take a hacksaw to the stock grille and fit the billet grille in the space that was made. I didn't feel like destroying my grille to put this thing in, so I put in a black mesh behind the billet, infront of the stock. I think it turned out really well! Opinions?

IMAG0455_zps200cc1f2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good to me! I like those. Where did you get it and how much was it if you dont mind me asking? I found them on amazon for about $60 I think but just never got around to getting it.

I got it for $25 with free shipping! Installation was a breeze, too.

looks good! i didnt think it was possible to fit them in without cutting the grill. which is why i changed my mind about them originally. does it still attach the same way and do you have any close ups?

I got it off ebay! I'll post the link to it in a little, there were dozens of them.

And yeah, I didn't think it was possible either. I'll post close ups later today or tomorrow, and if anyone wants to know how to do it I can post a tutorial.

Sweet! I have to bug my wife about this now on top of the other $200 worth of toys i want now lol

looks good! i didnt think it was possible to fit them in without cutting the grill. which is why i changed my mind about them originally. does it still attach the same way and do you have any close ups?

Here are the close ups you asked for!

eHpjt.jpg

kqyHf.jpg

As you can see, it fit in snug without cutting the original grill. I took a picture from the side so that you can see it doesnt stick out any further than it normally would/should. Maybe a quarter of an inch, if that.

Not bad!I will probably cut my grill regardless. I'm still stoked about the price! I've been hounding my wife since yesterday lol. If it wasnt for wanting gauges and an electric fan I would get it right now.

As you can see, it fit in snug without cutting the original grill. I took a picture from the side so that you can see it doesnt stick out any further than it normally would/should. Maybe a quarter of an inch, if that.

looks really nice. thats where i would want it anyway, right at the edge of the grill opening. thanks

Back