Black explorers ... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black explorers ...

My dad got his old VW Beetle painted at Earl Scheib several years ago. They did an absolutely horrible job. The overspray was so bad, it looked like they didn't mask anything. There was paint on the weatherstripping, windows, and chrome. You could do a better job with a rattle-can on a windy day.

i'm not worried about paint on the windows because that can get removed. also, earl scheib has a 6 year warranty on the paint..

if the problem was just paint, believe me, i wouldnt mess with E.S. ... my problem is that i have body rust too. and thats what i really want to fix. =/ i know you get what you pay for, but i dont mind if in 2 years or so the rust is back. i was happy with it up until i went to bondo and fix my rust ..... before the paint was still there, now the bottom of my hatch and the corner of my door frame look like crap

and i want to get rid of that annoying clear coat that is peeling off half my hood .... i have a 2 tone hood as a result and it looks horrible.

and one finnaly thing ... i know looks mean nothing when it comes to offroad. but it is my daily driver, and i'f i'm not happy with how it looks ... then i'm not happy with my truck =/

Well it seems as though your mind is made up to go with good ol' earl. Not to be rude but I am wondering why you even asked the question. Can't say you weren' warned...that's for sure. You say that your truck looking good is what makes you happy??? Why pay $500.00 and say that you dont care if the rusts comes back in a couple of years?? I assure you...it will! If you care about the appearance of your truck then you may want to adhere to your fellow explorer members and stay away from maaco and earl.
Hope I didnt come across as anything more than a dedicated explorer fan.

my mind isnt made up .... my budget is. Also, I dont mind the rust, i dont like the clear coat that is half gone and i cant get it painted without some kind of rust rust.

and i've also decided to sell my explorer for a cherokee. dont get me wrong, i love my explorer, but from the looks of it, cherokee's are a lot cheaper and easier to upgrade/lift/modify.

if i had the money, i would love to own both a cheokee and a explorer. but for the time being, its gonna be cherokee =/

Back