Black Head Lights 02-05 X | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black Head Lights 02-05 X

This is exactly what I was thinking about doing with my headlights; except I was considering using the regular silver headlights and not the black ones. Everything came to a screetching halt when I was told that this mod will cause mist to get thru inside the housing; especially with the kind of heat & humidity we have in FL.....that yeah that and the cost of course!! :)

Did u have any weather related experience or have you heard about such issues with people installing projectors on the stock housing?

I'm curious to find out.

Thanks.

you have to make sure you seal the lights really good...i use the NISSAN BUTYL (think thats how its spelled) headlight sealer that i got from a nissan dealership online and on the back i sealed up the opening around the projector with high heat silicone i got from the auto store...

Any type of epoxy will do the trick. I sealed my old Spec-V headlights that way and they were fine afterwards.

you have to make sure you seal the lights really good...i use the NISSAN BUTYL (think thats how its spelled) headlight sealer that i got from a nissan dealership online and on the back i sealed up the opening around the projector with high heat silicone i got from the auto store...

Just so I can understand....u used the Nissan headlight sealer in the front side where you're putting the front case back onto the housing?

Also, looking at the back side of the headlight (last pic):

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205557

...where did u apply the high heat silicone? In the gray area?

Man, I give you mad props for doing this on your own and doing a good job too!!

I don't think I can pull it off, so I'll probably have my mechanic do it. He said that he hasn't done that before, so it may take him a little bit of time, but he thinks he can do it....just collecting some pointers!!

Looks Good!

Back