Black headlights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black headlights

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will look like crap. What color is your X? I customized my headlights to the same color of the body. Turned out phenominal. I would really suggest you get the OEM corners that they put on Export Explorers, you can get them from a guy named Paul. You can contact him at boonyanetr4jc@yahoo.com. They will run you about $115 shipped, but well worth it

Bigapple: I searched for smoked corners and could not find anything. Are these the covers you were talking about? http://www.headlightarmor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1299 Would these work?

Asimp: My X is silver. I just sent Paul an email inquiring about the lights.

Thank you both for your help

nah dude its not covers... they are made to match the low beams... i saw a dude with them on here but i forgot what his screen name is... he has smoked headlights and smoked corners... looks tight although the color matching suggestion sounds sweet too

Alright thanks for the advice. Paul seems like a cool guy and i might order from him. I need to keep looking at other options though

i had the blackheadlights with black corners on my x...crashed it broke the drivers side and i couldnt find them till now....www.k2motor.com has them...i ordered them but the guy told me he didnt have them in stock so im still waiting on them they ran me 199.99.....worth it man i got a black x and it looks pretty good on it..

Alright thanks for the advice. Paul seems like a cool guy and i might order from him. I need to keep looking at other options though

Take my advice, go with them. You won't regret it. Better than the Ebay ones that have the reflector. The OEM one's match the headlights perfectly, here's some pics of the oem ones on a friends ride:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/444138/2

are they really only $51 for the set? because ive seen just 1 replacement from ford for $250

Ebay ones are, but the oem ones from Paul are $115 or so

Back