• Register Today It's free!

Bleeding ABS 93

agobbie

Reaction score
City, State
phoenix, az
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Ok I'm back again - I was having problems with my brakes, and taking the advise form all of ya on here I bought a new master cylinder, bench bled it installed it and bled all 4 wheels ! I still have a soft pedal ????

Can a reguar brake shop bleed the abs ? Ford want $100 to bleed em and I aint paying it !

Thanks once again !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have rear ABS only, then you could bleed it without a special tool. If it's 4 wheel ABS, then you either need a special solenoid modulating tool, or a scanner which could open, and close the solenoids in the block while it's being bled.

Ok stoopid Question But how do I know if I only have rear ABS and if so How do I bleed em ?

I have a 94 with ABS, have always just bled them like any other car. Either I'm doing something wrong, or it doesn't matter.

Mike

"As seen on TV"... the recommendation for older abs systems is to get on some gravel and do some hard stops causing the abs to activate. this gets the new fluid into the abs; then you bleed the brakes again.

93/94 have 4 wheel abs. Well most 93's anyway. Easy way is to turn the X to run & the ABS light should light up. Or it will have a rear abs indicator.

Back