• Register Today It's free!

Blend door actuator part number

p38fln

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT 4x4
So I haven't even got the permanent plates for this thing yet and the blend door actuator just started clicking. It still works, but I believe it will be dead soon.

Any way I can tell which motor I need to get without tearing the dash apart? The only day I can work on it is Sunday, and of course all of the dealers are closed on Sunday.

I tried putting the VIN# into fordparts.com, but it gave me a list of about 15 different blend door actuators.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have an Oreillys Auto parts near you, that's where I got mine, they're open on Sunday.

Why get the same defective part at the dealer? You'll get the same under engineered piece.

Pretty much everyone sells Dorman aftermarket. The benefit to Dorman is that they beef up the faulty parts to make the unit more robust.

http://www.dormanproducts.com/mobil...xplorer&parttype=Air Door Actuator&origin=YMM

All three below are Dorman.
604-209
Amazon: $31
604-209
O'Reilly: $49
655-1973
NAPA: $52

I'm assuming you have the manually controlled AC.

Yep, manually controlled AC.

I will definitely get the Dorman actuator instead, there is no way I want to go through this again.

I'm just glad it broke in the summer and not the dead of winter since I have no garage.

Back