Blend Door actuator replacement. NEED HELP! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blend Door actuator replacement. NEED HELP!

gojoe00

Reaction score
City, State
New york
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLS
I just recently had my blend door actuator go bad on my 03 explorer XLS. I know it is located by my right shin while in the driving position. My problem is how do I get to where it is located to replace the blend door?
Any help would be GREAT!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've deleted your other thread since it's identical to this one. A quick search on this site will show you many threads on the blend door. It's a common part that needs to be repaired.

Welcome to this forum! I've deleted your other thread since it's identical to this one. A quick search on this site will show you many threads on the blend door. It's a common part that needs to be repaired.
Brooklyn, I have searched every where on this site and all the blend door posts start with the blend door actuator already removed. I need to know what is the best way to get to the blend door acct. The more specific the better.
I would like to get this fixed in the next few days.
Thanks for the reply,
-Mike

It's behind the glove box. This is one of the links in # 61 in my list of useful threads: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198271

Brooklynn, I really do appreciate your hepl on this blend door matter but my blend door act. is not in behind the glove box it is below the steering column. I am still searching the best way to access this area. I have read posts that said i have to remove the hole column and some posts that say is is alot easier than that. What I need are specific step by step instructions on how to access this area from the begining.

I was trying to find more information, but I only have a photo of the actuator so far:
67535858_125.jpg

There used to be a thread with pics on this site, used it to do my '03 had to remove center console. Also removed drivers seat for easier access laying on the floor. Took a couple hours to do using wrenches and 1/4" drive ratchet with extensions and universals. Beats the mega bucks to have it done by the stealership.

Well, just to finish this post, I gave up on installing the blend door and brought it to the dealer. Cost me 320 bucks. I just didn't have the confidence/time to install it myself.
Thanks to all of you that tried to help.

Back