blend door actuator still not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

blend door actuator still not working

grante

Reaction score
City, State
west valley city, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford explorer
I am a newbie to this forum and have posted probelms with my blend door actuator in the past, but still need help, I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4 4.0L engine with the manual HVAC controls. I initially had a vacuum problem at the vacuum ball reservoir and thank to all you that helped me sort out that vacuum issue. Now it appears that the actuator will not move despite how the controls are set. Cold to hot, vent setting, and fan setting have no effect. I was able to manual set the blend door to heat for the winter, but now the weather has become warmer and having air conditioning is a must( live in Utah). Also the A/C itself is not cycling when in max ac or ac with defrost. If anyone has encounterd this sort of problem before or is experienced with this HVAC system and has any sort of repair, fix, or possible causes I would be very grateful if you helped with this. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Back