• Register Today It's free!

blend door motor strength

Wagonized

Reaction score
City, State
abbotsford bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 5.0 limited
im experiencing a problem with my blend door in my 97 limited. It seems to make a clicking sound when i turn on the ignition (even with the climate controls off) and continues if they're on or the temperature is fluctuated.

I think the problem might be different from the rest of your guys.

I think my blend door motor might just be too weak to open/shut the door and the clicking is the internal clutch in the motor clicking over and over. Because if the door was broken in the D shaped hole it shouldnt click repeatedly if the peg is only moving a maximum of 90 degrees.

I also think it might be my blend door motor because when i removed the motor and tested it. The D shaped peg takes 6 or 7 full seconds to turn the full 90 degrees. It looks very weak.

How quickly is the peg in the motor supposed to rotate? This is a 97 limited with digital climate control which has a different blend door motor than the manual control if im not mistaken.

thanks

That's how long mine takes and when my door broke it made that same clicking sound so bet on fixing the door not the actuator.

Back