Wish List | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wish List

ah now would you buy same diameter tire or buy five rims and tires so in case of a flat

I guess I'd have a spare for each set, this is a wish list after all lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My wish list:

-4.10 gears and locker (getting my new re-geared axles back from the shop this week!!)
-Brackets to allow me to use tow hooks with my brush guard installed (in progress)
-Limiting straps for front and maybe rear suspension
-Gas tank skid plate
-More/brighter offroad lights
-Onboard air compressor
-Front winch mounted inside the factory bumper

I can't get enough lights either. What offroad lights are you currently running?

Some Autozone specials....those square $25 Baja Blazer 55W things. Look cool, but the light they put out doesn't seem to do much. My factory fogs are brighter.

I saw some on summit that are the same dimensions but are 100W each. I was thinking about buying 4 and put them on my brushguard all in a row.

Some Autozone specials....those square $25 Baja Blazer 55W things. Look cool, but the light they put out doesn't seem to do much. My factory fogs are brighter.

I saw some on summit that are the same dimensions but are 100W each. I was thinking about buying 4 and put them on my brushguard all in a row.

Yeah my XLT did not have fogs, so I originally added some Hella 500s and installed HIDs they work wonders. That wasn't enough so I added factory fogs and am very surprised with their light output.

I am debating a bull bar with Hella 700FFs with HIDs.

Oh now boys/girls we have to worry about going in the other direction too, i want a few after market lights under my rear end so when im in reverse it looks like day again

Oh now boys/girls we have to worry about going in the other direction too, i want a few after market lights under my rear end so when im in reverse it looks like day again

i agree, our stock reverse lights dont do anything, im thinking about gettin a basket and throwing 2 lights on the back. A millertime basket

I was thinking of doing this also for those *******s who like to ride on my ass.

Itd be cool if i could make cutouts in the bumper to throw some factory fogs in the rear. Or I could just throw some hellas on the roof.

So, I just noticed this
My wish list:

-Onboard air compressor

I want this so bad but it would b great to have the compressor and tank that could fit in that tiny cargo area hiden behind the third row, but i have a lot of crap in there as it is,
so, Ronin if you ever do it could you do a write-up so i could see an option

Yeah I was looking at Viair brand compressors and tanks. From what I understand you can even run air tools off of some of these but I have to research further as to cost,installation locations, etc.

I don't have a 3rd Row so there is a pretty roomy cargo area behind my rear seats that I think I would use for the compressor and tank. Then I think I would install main air lines with chucks at the ends to both front and rear bumpers.

Would u use that for tire re inflation? That'd be pretty amazing if you could power your air tools, how much torque would it provide though?
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah mainly for tire inflation and also to use the compressed air to blow stuff off with I guess.

The air tool thing is something I heard secondhand. I sent a PM to Macknos since he had a Viair compressor setup to see what his install was like and how well it performed.

That's real cool for the tire inflation purposes, I don't think I'd be using one enought for it to be practical to buy, buf let me know if you get one!
Posted via Mobile Device

I was doing some research and it looks like they have some nice OBA setups on their website. A few videos I watched demonstrated that it is a surprisingly quiet compressor.

I just need to take some measurements to see if it will fit in that compartment inside the truck. then if I find out it works well with air tools I think I will go for it.

bump

im looking at options to put a set up on my v8. may require battery relocation. anyone relocated the battery yet. looking to go with the york 210 set up and attach it to the stock compressor or something. i also ran across someone who not only put in a compressor, but made a welder, that work pretty good, out of a modified alternator.

edit: i found some battery relocation threads. i don't want my battery in the truck. at all. i was thinking about using an external battery box from a thermo king reefer and mounting under the rear of the truck.

alright so I found some cool 100W lights made by Rugged Ridge that are the same size and shape as the 2 55W ones I have on the brushguard now. They come with covers too. I ordered 4 of them so 400W should be a nice improvement over 110W :D

I don't think I want to drill holes in my roof to run wires for roof rack lights so I'm just going to put all 4 on my brushguard...kind of like this (it's a bull bar in the pic but just imagine a brushguard instead):

DSCF7004.jpg

400 w on the front of your rig will be sweet mate. To get some light a bit higher up there is alway's the fold out spotties that the cop's use, the bottom windscreen mount style? Only good for 4 wheel driving tho' and reflection off the bonnet..err..hood when they are facing forward could be an issue.

Yeah they will be right in front of the grille, not as low as in the example pic...so headlight level pretty much.

I thought about the fold out spotlights too but wasn't sure about the mounting on those. Sounds like the glare is a bit of a setback with those.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't remember the last time I drove at night but I like the look of the roof mounted spotties. Like old school bronco style, very nice.

Back