Blinkers buzzing-What is this and is it the issue! Pic included | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blinkers buzzing-What is this and is it the issue! Pic included

Wyoguy222

Reaction score
City, State
Rapid City, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Ford Explorer
Hello everyone, I have a 1995 Ford Explorer. I have had a buzzing noise before and thought replacing the MFS would fix it. However it did not. It fixed many other issues but the buzzing is still there. So I took off the kick panel and the metal plate and started my truck. I found this yellow box with wires going into it. This is what was actually buzzing, when the blinkers do work it clicks like it should. So what is this? And does it just unplug into 2 pieces so I can just buy a new one??

Just wondering what its actually called so I can find the right part. Thanks for your help :)

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

That's your flasher/hazard relay, about $15 at parts store. Just unplug and replace w new one. (new 1 may or may not be yellow)

Okay, so I replaced the flasher relay today. Well I thought I was good to go as I live 10 miles from town and it didn't buzz anymore. Then at my last turn to my house buzzing returned :( UGH! So I pulled into my driveway and noticed this while messing with the relay, if I move it around the buzzing stops and the blinkers return to normal. So what could be causing this?? It is plugged in all the way!

So now I am at a loss, as I said before MFS has been replaced with a brand new one, and now the relay has been replaced, I'm at my wits end lol! Anyone else had this problem after replacing MFS and relay and continue to have the problem?

Try moving the tilt steering wheel up and down. The have been reports on here of one or more wires being rubbed bare in steering column. Also, check the connectors themselves - look for wires pulled partially out of them. Good luck.

Back