Show's '90 Ranger James Duff 5.5" lift | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show's '90 Ranger James Duff 5.5" lift

Finnally got most of my parts for my Ranger. Just started the lift in the back. Still waiting for a few more things to start the front (i.e. D35 to get back from the shop, Warn manual hubs). Also on the list of waiting parts is a B&M shifter, trans cooler, 4.3 Atlas II. But enough of my chatter; bring on the pics!

Attachments

• DSC00320.JPG
    DSC00320.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 2,613
  • DSC00321.JPG
    DSC00321.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 2,639
  • DSC00325.JPG
    DSC00325.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 2,605

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

None at the moment. Just waiting for some funds to get credited to my account so I can take the truck in to get driveshafts, exhaust and alignment. Hopefully will be able to take her out on a test run by mid March.

Got a buch of stuff in the mail today. I now have my Viair 350C compressor with hook up kit, 3 sets of KC Titanium Slimlights (fog, driving, spots), a diamond plate tool chest. And most importantly Driveshafts! :D

I'll get some pics up this weekend while Kevin and me are bustin' our buts to get everything installed and working right.

Oh sure, no credit for the guy helping:mattmoon:

P.S. You forgot about the hubs :D

Its Alive!!

Today was a momumetous day for the Ranger that could. For the first time she drove under her own power :D off of the trailer and into the carport, albeight with 2wd only. Tomorrow starts the fun time of getting everything finished up.

pics pics pics !!!!!

Got some action pics for all of you following along.

Attachments

• DSC00479.JPG
    DSC00479.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 2,175
  • DSC00481.JPG
    DSC00481.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,878
  • DSC00482.JPG
    DSC00482.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 4,439
  • DSC00478.JPG
    DSC00478.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 2,637

That rear bumper kicks ass!!!:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, and incase you were wondering, the smoke in the second picture above is not coming from the truck. That is actually my slowly burning burn pile he's playing on.

More.

And Rick could you resize the third pic for my avatar?

Attachments

• DSC00487.JPG
    DSC00487.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,783
  • DSC00489.JPG
    DSC00489.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 10,963
  • DSC00490.JPG
    DSC00490.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,916
  • DSC00486.JPG
    DSC00486.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 4,706

Nice. That was the body style truck I wanted but couldnt find one so I had to seddle for a 93. Now we need some pics of it on the trails :D

The driveway isn't good enough!?

Its better then my driveway thats for sure. Looks like it will a fun little truck to cruise around in. You will love the bobbed bed vs having a long bed. One of the best things I did to my old ranger.

Put sliders on NOW, while the rockers are still purdy. :D

RangerX said:
Put sliders on NOW, while the rockers are still purdy. :D

We also found out on that log pile that the first thing that hits is the gas tank. Since it was originally a two wheel drive, it has no skid plate. So yes, sliders and skidplates are deffinately next :confused:

Nicely done!
From zero to hero :)

Looks really good, nice work!:thumbsup:

90ranajo said:
And Rick could you resize the third pic for my avatar?
Did it for you.

Attachments

• 90RangerAvatar.jpg
    90RangerAvatar.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,514

:D Thanks man.

Killer, looks really good!

Super nice. Exellent pics of that beast.

Back