Blower Motor (resistor, fuse, what else?) 92 Ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blower Motor (resistor, fuse, what else?) 92 Ranger

unclewolfie

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Ranger
First off; where the eF is the eFing resistor!!! So, the blower motor for the heater started working only intermittently. It did this for a few months; sometimes working for days at a time, then not working; off and on; sometimes, if you hit a bump in the road, it would quit, then hit another bump and back on again it would go. Finally, it gave out completely. Wiggling the switch on the dash had no affect, so I figured it was something else, like the resistor, a fuse, lose wire somewhere, etc. I checked the fuse box in the engine compartment and oddly enough, there is a slot for a blower motor fuse, but not only no fuse there, but you can tell that there is no actual connector for the fuse in that slot; whats up with that? I have looked all over online for where the location of the resistor may be; I have seen some pics, but nothing looks just like my 92 Ranger. I have heard it described as being on the firewall, on the blower motor itself, or part of the wire plug that connects to the blower motor, but I don't see anything that looks like what the resistor should look like. Where is that thing! Could it be something else too?

Thanks; I saw this previously, but unfortunately, this is for a different generation Ranger then mine (mine is the 89 - 92 gen.) So, the photos and descriptions are not matching up to what I am seeing.

Back