Blower Motor Resistor Wiring Harness? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blower Motor Resistor Wiring Harness?

sanchezcruz_20

Reaction score
City, State
Delaware, Oh
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport
Hello all, need some help. My blower fan only works on high, so in taking the advice of many here on the forum I proceeded to change out the blower motor resistor. I came to find out that the wiring harness that plugs into the resistor is bad as well. Where can I get a replacement?

By the way, changing out the resistor proved to be somewhat of an arduous task in itself, I had to remove the entire intake/filter box assembly to reach the screws!

Thanks.

I had the smae problem on my 93'. Took forever to get to the screws but once I swapped it out I still only get high....

OK.... changed the resistor AND wiring harness/pigtail which I was able to pick up at the dealer for $21. A little wiring work and now everything is working great!

Turns out, in the process of fixing the blower motor switch I discovered what may have been the cause of the faulty resistor to begin with. One of the coolant hoses coming from or going to the heater core was leaking coolant at the T-connector right on top of the housing where the resistor fits into. This might explain why it was all rusty. Plus, I even found coolant in my air box!

Now the Explorer is tip top, with a new resistor,harness, hose connector and air filter. Isn't it funny how you can open a can of worms so easily on these cars.

Back