Blue goose color code? Dash wiring diagram? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blue goose color code? Dash wiring diagram?

nathansmith50

Reaction score
City, State
grand rapids, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 PIU
So a couple weeks ago I picked up a 2014 PIU. 3.5 eco boost.

It's an MSP Blue Goose. I have 3 questions actually.

1. What is the paint code for this? what I can find seems to say LM but i don't think thate's quite right in looking at the paints available to buy with that code.

2. Where can I find or does anyone have an in dash wiring diagram? I bought a Limited console for it and it has different connectors so I need to figure out what wire does what so I can rewire with new connectors to make everything work. Or almost everything anyway. I figure the rear HVAC controls are probably a lost cause without doing a lot more changes.

3. Does the headlight switch that has the auto option have the same connector as the one without?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So a couple weeks ago I picked up a 2014 PIU. 3.5 eco boost.

It's an MSP Blue Goose. I have 3 questions actually.

1. What is the paint code for this? what I can find seems to say LM but i don't think thate's quite right in looking at the paints available to buy with that code.

2. Where can I find or does anyone have an in dash wiring diagram? I bought a Limited console for it and it has different connectors so I need to figure out what wire does what so I can rewire with new connectors to make everything work. Or almost everything anyway. I figure the rear HVAC controls are probably a lost cause without doing a lot more changes.

3. Does the headlight switch that has the auto option have the same connector as the one without?

Cool, I'm over on the lake shore and just bought a 2014 last fall, It's great to know someone close by that is doing the same things and working on upgrading a PIU too. I'm working through a similar conversion myself. I've got the seats all swapped with retail seats and added a 3rd row, have a console in place but not wired in, But have been creating a project list for myself and been doing research on many of the same items you're asking about, here is what I know so far in my research in this forum.

1. Paint color according to the door tag is LM (corrected). I'd recommend going to an actual paint store where they can look up the paint code for your year and type. they can check the match in their books and samples and also mix you up a full can to spray with a spray gun, can get you aerosol cans or touch up paints to match.

2. I've got the wiring diagrams (just PM if you need them) but I've been having trouble finding a pin out of the console harness in them but maybe they are buried in there and I just haven't found them. I also have a full console with shifter and have been working on trying to map this out too. There are a couple threads on installing the console and I don't recall which one but someone shared a couple hand drawn pin outs for the power and lightning on the console which can be used to connect up to the standard police power harnesses in the console area. Maybe they can share that here or if I can dig it up, I'll repost it to this thread. I haven't had time to do this wiring yet but hopefully soon. I also plan to re-locate the shifter to the console as well, so creating a full map of what wire/pin does what would be super helpful for all of us.Happy to work on that with you if we can't find it in the diagrams.

3. My understanding on the headlight switch is that you need a daylight sensor for the dash (not sure if the wiring is there and it just a drop in or needs more work) and then once you have that, the switch literally is a plug in solution. Obviously the fog light switch won't do anything but I believe the headlights and auto on/off will work. Another item on my list that I haven't got to yet.

Check out this thread on the center console wiring. It was @edougawa who had posted this thread that had the pin out. I knew I had seen this somewhere, but it might answer a lot of your questions for the center console. Thanks for asking about this, I needed to find this myself so this just prompted me to go looking!

Wiring Connector for Center Console

I've checked various Ford paint code pages found on the INternet and have not come across a Blue Goose or WB colour/code even for non 2014 model years.
I did see one image of the door sticker when searching for the colour and it did show WB.

Peter

I've checked various Ford paint code pages found on the INternet and have not come across a Blue Goose or WB colour/code even for non 2014 model years.
I did see one image of the door sticker when searching for the colour and it did show WB.

Peter
Thanks for catching that @peterk9 , I read the door sticker too quickly and grabbed the one below when I saw it, which was the wrong code :( Sorry @nathansmith50

Correct Paint Code is LM for Michigan PIU. Police Paint codes are in the up fitter guide too if anyone is looking for other states or departments.
Index of up fitter guides: Body Builder Advisory Service
2014 Guide specifically (page 1-13 of the guide has paint codes): https://madocumentupload.marketinga...79355326b5cf8be0b90f777f6558049aafb4&v5=False

Here is a door sticker from a Michigan Explorer PIU
1c171186067d83f96c43039587e38b8c702f15e2-e1581700548802.jpg

Peter
Sorry. Blue goose is a nickname. I guess the real color would be called something like Michigan state police blue.

Sorry. Blue goose is a nickname. I guess the real color would be called something like Michigan state police blue.

To update. the WB on the door code is the domestic specialorder code. I have no idea what that means. the paint code is adjacent to the Ext Pnt: and it is LM which is royal blue.
LM/M6968

Back