Bluetooth incoming calls / no sound | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth incoming calls / no sound

Would someone please help out a fellow member!! All suggestions and comments are GREATLY appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you make any changes to the vehicle before it stopped working?

Its either the APIM or ACM.

I had this problem diagnosed by Ford. I was told that I needed a new APIM. I replaced the APIM but the problem still wasnt resolved. What is this ACM you're referring to. I'm not familiar with that. Is it something programmable with ForScan??

I had this problem diagnosed by Ford. I was told that I needed a new APIM. I replaced the APIM but the problem still wasnt resolved. What is this ACM you're referring to. I'm not familiar with that. Is it something programmable with ForScan??
Audio Control Module. Not sure if FORScan can be used there for your issue but I don't think so.

Peter

Ok so if I'm understanding you correctly, the APIM and ACM are two different parts. Where is the ACM located?

Yes, 2 separate parts. The APIM, Accessory Protocol Interface Module is essentially the 'brains' of MFT. The diagram below was taken from the thread 2011 - 2015 Component Location Views in the List of Useful Threads in the 'Sticky' section of the "Discussion" subforum.

Peter

2011_explorer_componentviews_08.png

Thank you so much!!

I just purchased a replacement ACM (Audio Control Module) Its scheduled to arrive this week Thursday. Wish me luck. The install for the ACM is super easy. I did the APIM last week and it's essentially the same tear-down. I'll keep everyone posted on the final result.

THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!! Thank you so much!!! I just installed the replacement ACM and it works FLAWLWESSLY!!! I'VE GOT SOUND!!! I can hear the calls and all of the voice activated prompts are functioning properly! Replacement part cost $89 and I didn't charge myself any labor. LOL! I'm VERY PLEASED!!! This forum SAVES MONEY, TIME, and UNNECESSARY AGGRAVATION!!! Thanks again Peterk9 and jmr061 for your insight!

Would someone please help out a fellow member!! All suggestions and comments are GREATLY appreciated!
I can't help but in same boat with 2016 ford ranger. So really interested in replies.

I can't help but in same boat with 2016 ford ranger. So really interested in replies.
Just found rest of thread will give acm replace a whirl thank you.

Back