body lift help. simple question to anwser | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

body lift help. simple question to anwser

brodie hynd

Reaction score
City, State
roswell georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
all right i got a 99 4x4 4dr xlt. Thanks telling how to remove to bolt under the carpet. But i found some info that sid that i have to drill a hole to fit the new 3in body lift bolts. Do I have to drill all the bolts out to a 1/2 more or just the bolts up front that the bolts start on the bottom. Please help guys . Thanks happy trails.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive never heard of having to drill...for mine i didn have to drill anything...not 100% sure just saying that they were fine for me

You just have to drill the sleeves out in the front two mounts. No problem!

Ok, what they are talking about is the 2 Very front Body mounts. From the factory, they use a large washer with threads on it, and a Nut, the nut is on the top, the washer plate is in the middle somewhere. They want you to drill this washer plate out so that the bolt will pass thru it. That should help you!

Also, make sure you pay attention to the order all the front mount pieces are stacked in. It will make the reinstall go more smoothly. You'll know what I'm talking about when you crawl under there or when you do the lift.

Back