• Register Today It's free!

body lift questions

cisurfer

Reaction score
City, State
central, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport
I want to do the 2 inch body lift but have no idea whats involved as far as other things besides the body spacers. Do i need to move the radiator or fan, or anythign else besides the bumper brackets. i want to do this in addition to my shackles/TT to fit 33s. I wouldnt be gettin 33s for a while tho so i dont know how unsafe it is to drive on 30.5s wit the BL and TT/Shackles. I just dont know if its worth it considering the engine and everythign drops

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few of the questions you've asked has been covered previously, please use the Search feature of the forum.

The "engine and everything" doesnt drop - it remains where it is - its the body that lifts. The chassis, drivetrain, and (as you mentioned) the engine, stays where it is.

well i didnt mean it really drops it just seems like it does cause the body raises and the engine then sits lower. i have searched body lifts and cant find what is involved in the radiator area.

cisurfer said:
well i didnt mean it really drops it just seems like it does cause the body raises and the engine then sits lower. i have searched body lifts and cant find what is involved in the radiator area.
There are type approaches to the radiator - either you move the radiator down (relative to the body) or you move the fan shroud down (also relative to the body). Either works. Just give it a shot - you'll see whats up.

does the 2 inch kit which is for the 91-94 come wit the right brackets i would need to do that on a 99

Back