bolt size to reinstall power steering pulley | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bolt size to reinstall power steering pulley

taylor0987

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Navajo LX
I have a power steering pump pulley remover/installer tool set but the bolts included aren't biting into the pump enough to reinstall it. I know I can use a bolt, nut, and washer to reinstall it too.

I don't want to strip the threads in the pump any more than they already are. Does anyone know the correct bolt size to use?
Thanks

taylor0987 said:
I have a power steering pump pulley remover/installer tool set but the bolts included aren't biting into the pump enough to reinstall it. I know I can use a bolt, nut, and washer to reinstall it too.

I don't want to strip the threads in the pump any more than they already are. Does anyone know the correct bolt size to use?
Thanks

Why cant you just take the bolts that are right thread size but too short and take them to Home Depot or somewhere that has an assortment of bolts and matchup? Use a nut and make sure it threads on to both bolts.

if you find the bolt you need, try and find a HARDENED bolt... grade 8 simply isnt going to take the 200-300lb's needed to press that on there.

the correct size is 3/8-16

Back