• Register Today It's free!

Borla cat-back on X's

Explorer46L

Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer "XP8"
Ok, I was thinking about a Borla catback for my '02 4.6L XLT. I know that just putting in mufflers does nothing so I won't be going that route. I had dual inlet/outlet Flowmasters on my '98 Sport and didn't like them that much. Way too much of the typical Flowmaster drone. I have a Borla catback on my 99 Mustang GT and love them. Borla is the only company I would consider on my X, no matter what. So my question is:does anyone have Borla catbacks on their X? I love the Borla rumble but worry about it resonating and drone. My X is so quiet on the inside as it is, I don't want it to be as loud as my old Sport. Can anyone help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Magnaflow also has a dual cat-back for the 02' Explorers, or you can just buy the mufflers and have a custom cat-back built. Plus they don't drone, and god I love the exotic rumble on a 4.6

IMO Borlas sound ok on a 4.6, not as loud or aggressive as Magnaflows. A friend just took his Borlas (I didn't really like the sound much either) off his stang and had Magnaflows out on instead.

Also, try www.cgsmotorsports.com they have some nice systems

Somebody else on here has an 02' 4.6 Explorer with a Mac Cat-back - wonder how that sounds?

i have borla on my 5.0 explorer. it is not that loud. check out my sig, i have an mpeg file of my exhaust during idle. the pics dont do justice to the truck.

n2knee.. i have that same air freshener but in black.. lol. nice setup. good luck with the borla setup

I love my Borla on my 4.0, sounds great. not too annoying either...

Thanks for all the responses.

Back