• Register Today It's free!

Borla Header Gaskets

Dennis Myers

Reaction score
City, State
Montgomery, IL 60538
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Sport
I am getting ready to install my headers and I was wondering if anyone who has installed headers used the gaskets that came with them or bought better ones, if so what kind and where did you get them?

------------------
94 Sport
4"Superlift
Super Runner Steering
Super lift radius arms
Borla Headers and cat back
High Flow Cat
KKM intake
63 mm Throttle Body
70 mm Mass Air Sensor
Ramsey REP 8000
Smitty Built Tubes Front Rear and Nerf
BFG 33x12.5 AT's
4.56 Gears

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Borla headers came with Fel-Pro gaskets. I recommend you buy a second set and double them up...

I just used the normal gaskets. I haven't had a problem yet. I don't know about doubling up the gasket because that would tend to let them blow out easier. The only problem with Ford is they don't use gaskets on the exhaust manifolds. If they did I wouldn't have been worried. Two months with the headers and they are great!

------------------
1994 Explorer Sport 2WD (Wish it was 4wd)
K&N Filter
Modified Airbox
Borla Headers
Flowmaster muffler
Custom dual Exhaust
4+ Bosch Plugs
Remote Starter

Thanks for the replies.
I am going to put mine in next week.
Rich did you put yours in or did you have a shop do them?

Yeah I put them in myself and after 6 hours of swearing, cursing, and bleeding they were finally on. This is a pretty big project. I am definitely not an experienced mechanic. I can just basically do tune-ups and oil changes but I decided to tackle this job. If you have the money bring it to a shop. If you are poor like me go ahead and do it. It is well worth it. If you are going to do it your self use a impact gun. A lot easier than a wrench. And soak your bolts with penetrating spray the day before and drive around to vibrate the bolts. Don't go overboard. I soaked the bolts for two weeks and they were still rusted on. Otherwise the only reason it is difficult is the clearance. Otherwise it was pretty easy. My buddy is a mechanic and he said he would do it for $200. If I had the money he would have had to deal with it. Overall the headers are great a definite increase in power. They do make a sound (sort of a whistle) but it is well worth it.

------------------
1994 Explorer Sport 2WD (Wish it was 4wd)
K&N Filter
Modified Airbox
Borla Headers
Flowmaster muffler
Custom dual Exhaust
4+ Bosch Plugs
Remote Starter

Back