• Register Today It's free!

Brake bleeding issue

Skullcandy

Reaction score
City, State
Camden NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer PIU
So I just replaced my pads and resurfaced rotors. Bleeding the brakes is not a hard thing I have a rock hard petal while bleeding but as soon as I fire it up and the brakes get vacuum assist they are straight mush. All the way to the floor and hardly stop the car. Car was perfectly fine before doing the brakes.
Thanks for any insight.

4626EB06-B202-47DB-9667-397E39C156A7.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea I was did all of that and had a nice hard pedal but as soon as I drove it nothing but mush.

if everything was replaced properly and you still having that problem, must be air in the line, i will give another try and make sure no bubbles are coming from the tube.

if everything was replaced properly and you still having that problem, must be air in the line, i will give another try and make sure no bubbles are coming from the tube.
Yea doing the re bleed again now

So I just replaced my pads and resurfaced rotors. Bleeding the brakes is not a hard thing I have a rock hard petal while bleeding but as soon as I fire it up and the brakes get vacuum assist they are straight mush. All the way to the floor and hardly stop the car. Car was perfectly fine before doing the brakes.
Thanks for any insight.

View attachment 329219
You resurfaced the rotors and installed new pads, you need to wait until the brakes are bedded in, normal city driving should bed them in 100 to 200 miles, when that happens you will have better pedal feel.

Thanks for any insight.

View attachment 329219
Caliper
You resurfaced the rotors and installed new pads, you need to wait until the brakes are bedded in, normal city driving should bed them in 100 to 200 miles, when that happens you will have better pedal feel.
Never had to wait 100 to 200 miles for pedal to come back....

can’t you just vacuum bleed?

Back