Brake Master Cylinder Port Size?!?!?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake Master Cylinder Port Size?!?!?!

Diff Whack Daddy

And the Roll Over Posse! Under the Hood Moderator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Vernon, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1st Gen XLT 4dr
Callsign
KG7VTT
Does anyone know the size (thread and pitch, type of flare) on the side of the brake master cylinder. The front port is larger than the rear port which make it even more fun to find adapters for.

I am going to be installing a cutting brake set up for the rear tires to aide in the tight switchbacks and tree navigation we have here in the lovely Pac Nor West, but I have having a hell of a time figuring out what adapter size I need and where to get it at. I am also putting in an adjustable brake biasing know to better ballance my brakes, whish is why I need adapters for both.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont have the exact size but I also couldn't find a replacement so I ended up re-using the fitting itself -- I just slipped it over another re-flared section of steel brake line tubing.

Attachments

• CIMG0170.jpg
    CIMG0170.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,225

What type of flare did you use? Standard double, buble, inverted buble, blah blah blah.

Along with the cutting brakes, I'll be putting this in and ditching the useless mechanical e-brake.

Attachments

• AC611590.jpg
    AC611590.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 761

I read somewhere that they are a metric bubble of some sort. I have a spare MC that when I get the time I am going to take it to the speed shop and see what I can find. I think the rear port is a 10mm and the front is a 12mm.

I found several sizes of fittings at ACE Hardware for Casa de Blanco.

Seems like the lines are one of two sizes, 3/16ths and 1/4th. Those brake lines were single flare.

Old thread but did you ever figure out what the threads were??

Back