1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Hey all,

I seem to be having a brake thudding noise that seems to be coming from behind the brake pedal whenever I release the break pedal after stopping. It has happened many times throughout the years very rarely and I reported it to the dealership and they could not reproduce the noise. However, it seems to be happening a lot more now. Could there be a problem with the master brake cylinder?

Hey all,

I seem to be having a brake thudding noise that seems to be coming from behind the brake pedal whenever I release the break pedal after stopping. It has happened many times throughout the years very rarely and I reported it to the dealership and they could not reproduce the noise. However, it seems to be happening a lot more now. Could there be a problem with the master brake cylinder?

Since this is happening more frequently, 1995E, this may be a good time to return to your dealership. If possible, take your tech along for a test drive so you can repeat the circumstances under which it happens. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back