brake upgrades (cobra mustang 13") | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

brake upgrades (cobra mustang 13")

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
Anyone think about or try installing a set of 13" cobra mustang brakes on their X??? I think this is going to be my next project after my custom blower pipe is done.

if my plans are correct all i am going to need besides the calipers, lines, pads, and rotors are..... custom brakets, proportioning vavle, and a few brake line adpters maybe......

the master cylinder so be ok since it was designed for 4 wheel disc already.... its probably not 100% perfect but oh well.

i have actually thought about this. i have a friend with the cobra conversion on the front of his 99 GT, and he still has all of the factory brake parts. i would think (like you said) you would need custom-made caliper brackets. also, before you commit, check the rotor offset. i never found out if its different. you may (if you're lucky) be able to use the stock cobra caliper brackets, and just modify them. either way, keep us (me:D ) informed of what you find out.

sure thing. My cobra brakes are on their way for my 84 mustang and ill figure this all out

Back