Broke down and ordered a 2014 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broke down and ordered a 2014 Sport

Reaction score
City, State
Ludlow, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
After taking my wife to our local dealer and buying her a new Escape Titanium, I saw a used Sport on the lot and couldn't resist getting myself one. So I traded in my 2012 XLT and just placed an order for a 2014 Sport in Tuxedo Black with the 401A package. Just hoping the order doesn't take too long and I get it sooner than summer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After taking my wife to our local dealer and buying her a new Escape Titanium, I saw a used Sport on the lot and couldn't resist getting myself one. So I traded in my 2012 XLT and just placed an order for a 2014 Sport in Tuxedo Black with the 401A package. Just hoping the order doesn't take too long and I get it sooner than summer.

How can you order a 14 Sport past the 14MY cut off?

I have no clue and have never actually ordered a car before. All I know is that I picked out the model and options I wanted with a manager got an invoice that I had to sign and placed a deposit. Knowing my luck it would have been a mess up on the dealers end by saying could order it and I'll never get it.

Worst which isn't really a worst case scenario is the order will be for a 2015.... May just take a bit longer to get the 15, but I can tell you I wished the 15 I ordered had the monochromatic door handles and the heated steering wheel!

Received Sport- Frustration Ensued

So my worries about ordering my Sport were for nothing as the dealer found one for me in New Hampshire and I took delivery on Friday and I absolutely love the EcoBoost over my 3.5L XLT.

Now for the frustration part as my Sport has now failed inspection twice in two days. On Saturday I took the car for its inspection and on the way the Airbag light came on and stayed on until after it failed inspection and I was on my way to the dealership, where it turned off as I was pulling into the parking lot. After waiting for over an hour for the Techs to look at the car and for the dealership to actually register my vehicle (I found out at the inspection location that the car had no registration and that the dealer never actually submitted the car to be registered and had just switched my plates, but thats a different issue), I was told that the scans picked up nothing wrong and that it "was a 1-time glitch".

Since the light was off and the scans supposedly showed nothing wrong I figured that might be true. Well on the way to have it inspected a second time last night the light came back on and the car failed inspection again. It is now Sunday and my Airbag light goes off for a second after you turn on the car and then immediately comes back on in a matter of seconds and stays on.

This is frustrating as this is an issue that should not happen on a car with only 256 miles on it. I now have to call tomorrow and see what they can do to fix my car after owning the car for less than 72 hours.

...This is frustrating as this is an issue that should not happen on a car with only 256 miles on it. I now have to call tomorrow and see what they can do to fix my car after owning the car for less than 72 hours.

Any news about your Explorer, Live_Dang3rously? If you need my help, just send me a PM with your details and I'll do what I can to assist. I'll need your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

so far so good

Any news about your Explorer, Live_Dang3rously? If you need my help, just send me a PM with your details and I'll do what I can to assist. I'll need your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Hi Crystal,

It looks like whatever the dealer fixed/replaced is holding up and everything is working fine. Thank you for the follow-up and I am now enjoying my sport.

Hi Crystal,

It looks like whatever the dealer fixed/replaced is holding up and everything is working fine. Thank you for the follow-up and I am now enjoying my sport.

Fantastic, Live_Dang3rously; that's what I like to hear! If you need any help in the future, you know where to find me. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back