Broken Armrest | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broken Armrest

Cross_Steel

Reaction score
City, State
Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
My wife's center arm rest is broken. I went to https://www.fordpartscenter.net/ford-explorer-parts.html and the price for the bracket is $62 and the Armrest is $105. I'm like crap, I don't want to spend that much, my 4 year old will probably break it again.

Called around to some of the local salvage yards. no luck. Anybody got a suggestion?

I saw this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257200&highlight=center+armrest so this seems to be a common problem I guess.

My wife's vehicle is a 2003 Sport Track with tan like interior. Would replacing it with a 1989-90 FORD BRONCO II New Console Arm Rest Bracket be an option?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bronco II or earlier model Explorer will work. It's a little bit shorter but much much stronger. Believe me it works great. I paid about $20 for the whole armrest. It was nasty and green from being in the weather but I scrubbed it and rinsed it with the garden hose and it's as good as new. It's a shade lighter than my seats but I really don't care. Beats spending a chunk on something that will break again! The dark spots on the arm rest are from it still being damp when I installed it.

090926002B.jpg

090926004B.jpg

ExplorerBroncoIIarmrest1.jpg

ExplorerBroncoIIarmrest.jpg

ExplorerBroncoIIarmrest2.jpg

2001 sport trac. My armrest broke as well. put a metal plate in it and it lasted about a year and broke again. Will search for used..

Convert to the older style and you'll not have any more problems with it.

i should try that cause my arm rest is broken on my sport

What model years should I look for when getting armrest to fit my 03 sport trac? mine was broke by the kids climbing around and it has been driving me crazy!!!! Looked in junk yards no luck! Found online but wanted a fortune for it! This solution sounds like the way to go!

That armrest mounting bracket pattern goes all the way back to the '85 Bronco II, which is why I recognized it. Any Bronco II or Explorer that has the folding armrest like the one in my photo will work.

You are the man! I thank you very much for the info!!!!!!

How do you lift the armrest, mine is damaged and i can't figure it out...

Is it on the short console as pictured above or on the full length console?

Back