Broken rear coils ..Moog as a replacement any good? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broken rear coils ..Moog as a replacement any good?

buubba429x

Reaction score
City, State
Stratford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer
My rear coil springs have broken so I am looking to replace them. Considering all the horrible reviews and experiences with the OEM Ford coil springs snapping into pieces, I figure it might be a good idea to replace them with another brand to avoid having them break again. Moog seems to be a popular brand that provides an OE replacement. There is also AC Delco and Duralast, among others. The Moog replacement coil springs for the rear (part #81132) are available from Rockauto for about $56 + shipping which is an awesome price. Anybody have any experience with Moog products or replacing their broken rear springs with aftermarket ones?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ronin8002 runs moog coils on his truck so he'd be a good one to ask. my rear coils haven't broken yet, but when they do i'll be replacing them with Struttek quick strut assemblies. $71.21 for a new coil spring mounted on a new strut. Not a bad price. i've got struttek assemblies on the front of my truck and they're doin fine

http://www.primechoiceautoparts.com...-ready-to-install-mmy-ford-explorer-2003.aspx

I agree about the StrutTeks. I'm running them on all four corners and the Ex rides great. I have nothing but good things to say about them. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree about the StrutTeks. I'm running them on all four corners and the Ex rides great. I have nothing but good things to say about them. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm going with new Strutteks all around in the next few weeks.. I'm SUPER excited...haha

You won't be disappointed. :D

When mine were broken I had quickstruts installed

Back