Broken Spark Plug Removal | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broken Spark Plug Removal

Close to 100,000. Runs great. My last one had 319,000 so i got plenty of time left.

It had not been started in about four or five years when i got it. Someone stole it and they junked it when it was recovered. We bought it from a junk dealer for 75 bucks. I was paying 150 for it but they sold the hood, grill, and headlights after it was mine. So i told them to give me part of the money back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine just turned a 100 000 last week and still runs like new other than that annoying pinging going uphill at low rpm in 5th gear. I'm thinking about replacing all those rubber elbows on the vac lines, they're all pretty cracked up....

This one has no issues at all. Good and quiet. Even at hwy speeds around 70 pulling 3000 rmp's.

I think part of my prob might be my setup for now, 31"s and 3.27 gears, rpm shows 2000 going 60, maybe I'd solve my problem downshifting when going uphill...

Yup, it'll do that ;) my kingdom for an ice cold beer right now :D

I think part of my prob might be my setup for now, 31"s and 3.27 gears, rpm shows 2000 going 60, maybe I'd solve my problem downshifting when going uphill...

Before with the three bad plugs with the 4.88s and 36's i would have to go to 3rd gear on my road. Now i can stay in 5th. :thumbsup:

Back