Bronco II - Explorer Part Swap - Woodgrain Dash & Grill? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bronco II - Explorer Part Swap - Woodgrain Dash & Grill?

ParkerRocker

Reaction score
City, State
Hayden, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer Sport
I am an explorer owner, and was looking at an 89 Bronco II EB the other day, and saw that it had a woodgrain dash. I love woodgrain, so i have to swap it into my explorer. It seems to be exactly the same. My understanding is that only the second generation bronco II would work, so I would need an 89-90 bronco II? does the woodgrain come standard or just on EB editions? What about the grill? I like the grill on second gen Bronco II. would this swap over easy?
-Parker

Should all swap over fine. Anything from '89-'92 Rangers should fit as well.

The simulated woodgrain dash trim I believe was only on '89 Ranger and Bronco II XLT and EB trims. '90 & later models I've seen had the trim color-keyed with the dash.

my 89 STX had woodgrain. My two 89's and one 90 ranger dont have switches under the headlight switch. They have either a flat plate or a pocket. i believe the ex dash had the rear wiper, fog light, and defrost switches that pop into the panel.

my 89 STX had woodgrain. My two 89's and one 90 ranger dont have switches under the headlight switch. They have either a flat plate or a pocket. i believe the ex dash had the rear wiper, fog light, and defrost switches that pop into the panel.

most of them do have the switches there, I have seen a few that don't and I grabbed a blue colored one without the switch panel for my ranger. fit right in with zero mods.

ParkerRocker: you would have to make a plate that bolts to the pocket in the ranger dash piece to mount the switches for your explorer if you wanted to use the woodgrain piece.

Back