Reaction score
City, State
boston, ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 EB
I found this brush guard on ebay and thought it was a pretty good deal --
Brush Guard

A few questions about this..
-Would this eliminate the front Tow hooks?
-Would I need to modify anything for any type of lift?
-Does anyone suggest any other brush guard?
-**What auxiliary lights does everyone here use?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

in order..

1. No. A brush guard is not a replacement for tow hooks. (If by that you meant you already have some, I'd have to see a picture.)
2. It will not be compatible with a body lift should you choose to do that. You'd have to modify where and how it mounts if you really wanted to. It would be compatible with a suspension lift, however.
3. I would suggest not getting a brush guard. Custom fabricate a functional tube/steel bumper with integrated tow hooks and some actual functionality, or keep it stock.
4. I don't know about lights, I just use my factory fog lights in the bumper.

I found this brush guard on ebay and thought it was a pretty good deal --
Brush Guard

A few questions about this..
-Would this eliminate the front Tow hooks?
-Would I need to modify anything for any type of lift?
-Does anyone suggest any other brush guard?
-**What auxiliary lights does everyone here use?

I'd go with Trj360 on most of the advice. Those kind of brush guards aren't any good for protection (if that's why your getting it). Well, I mean, A couple small branches but if you hit a tree, it's done. IMO they are only for looks.
For LIghts it really depends on what you're willing to pay. I have $17 Harbor Freight lights on my front bumper and they are fine for what I need them for. Currently I have them wired to my Brights and they do help. If you go that route you may want to do some searching in the Performance light section, there is alot of good information on lights and circuits you should use with aux lights. There is a Wellspring of information on lights there. Either way you go, Good luck.

come on up north an buy the used one i have 160.

I have PIAAs on my bumper. I had them mounted on my brush guard when I still had it. Love them, would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat.

fourwheelparts.com are having a sale on lights right now. I bought a set of Explorer Pro Comp fog lights for $25.

Bumper options, I have no idea. I've been looking too and I feel my only option is to build one. I saw the one you found on ebay and I think its just for looks. but i don't know.

fourwheelparts.com are having a sale on lights right now. I bought a set of Explorer Pro Comp fog lights for $25.

Bumper options, I have no idea. I've been looking too and I feel my only option is to build one. I saw the one you found on ebay and I think its just for looks. but i don't know.

I can't find this set.. Maybe i'm retarded but can you set me up with the link. for 25 bucks I can't say no!

you have to go to the jeep section to find them. I have no idea why they are there and not in the truck section. But go with the driving lights. I had those and I loved them. Tried the fog but they were amber so I returned them. They are the pair set. The only ones they sell in pairs.

which ones did you get i see a few diff options here about that price

Back