• Register Today It's free!

Built Ford Tough

pullermoon

Reaction score
City, State
Auburn WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Navajo
I guess the motto is true, I got rearended thursday evening on the way home from work. "Lady" driving one of those damned Chrysler mini-vans, not paying attention to traffic. I came to a halt, during stop and go crap, she didn't. Hit me doing about 20 mph. Completely smashed her front end, lights, grill bumper, punctured radiator and trans. cooler, crumpled right fender, jammed passenger door. broke windshield, etc. All that happened to my Ranger was scratches on the rubber cover on bumper. She left glass and plastic pieces embedded in the rubber also. Good thing she didn't do any damage cause she didn't have insurance. Cops checked me out, let me go. She got ticket for no insurance and following too close.
I love my ranger even more now.
TP

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford 1 : Chevy 0 :D

Note though, you will not get the same result if it was the other way around. It did all that to the Chevy because of the "crumple zone."

chrysler is not a chevy product.... ford, GM, and dodge (part of daimler-chrysler) are comptly seperate rivals

Chrysler, Chevy. Chrysler, Chevy. Potato, Potatoe.

Alright, alright. My bad. :D

I know about the crumple zone, I just found if amazing that the rear bumper on the Ranger is that strong. When I got out of the car, I expected to see that the Ranger had changed from a long bed to a short bed.
I hope you'all have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Back