Bushing Part Number

qwqb

Reaction score
City, State
North Dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
Hey Guys,

I searched this site but didn't have any luck finding my answer. I'm wondering what the part number is for the leaf spring bushing, the one that goes through the eye of the leafspring and attaches to the shackle. NOT the one that goes through the frame.

I attempted to order this part through Ford, and they sent me a part # "EOTZ-5781-E" and it doesn't seem to be the right one. The length of this bushing is too long, the shackle doesnt even fit around it. If anyone knows the part number that I need that would be great! Thanks!

Edit: Here is a picture of the old vs. the new for size reference.
2lcy2ht.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's an update for anyone who might be able to help. I called back Tousley (where I got the part from) and explained to them that it was too long and that the shackle doesn't even fit over it, but they said that that is indeed the part number that they have on file for that bushing. So if anyone is able to provide me with a different part number or is able to direct me to a different place to get this bushing that would be great. Thanks!

Thanks for the link. That looks interesting but It seems to have the bushing and the sleeve as separate parts (#12 & #13)? And I can't tell if the bushing comes with the outer sleeve or not, they seem to show it (#12) as 2 pieces?

I figured I'd post my solution here in case anyone is searching for this in the future. In the end, the part number that Tousley has on file is simply not the right part, and I'm hoping that they will refund me for the part even though they still stand by that it is correct.

I was able to find a bushing with the correct dimensions here through ATS (http://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/products/Ford_Rubber_Encased_Bushing-1583-186.html) This is the correct part and for cheaper! Hope this helps someone!

leaf spring eye bushing

i'm looking for eye bushing(front and rear) of rear spring for my ford explorer sport trac 2004 .(the one that goes through the eye of the leafspring and attaches to the shackle) . it anybody know a link so i can buy.

Back