Busted rear shock barb that connects air hose and shock | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Busted rear shock barb that connects air hose and shock

GETMYBELTSON

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 EB
So neither air line would come out like its supposed to by pressing the circle down and pulling the barb out. The first hose I just pulled until it broke the locking mechanism in the shock (which came out on the barb). The other line broke so part of the barb was flush inside the hose, and the rest sticking out of the shock.

My questions:
1. Where can I buy the barbed piece? I cut part of the hose so I could get past the stuck barb and slide the hose on the stub sticking out of the shock, but I kept hitting the white plastic **** the barb is made of. I finally reached the point where I couldn't cut any more and still have the hose reach. Is the barb integrated into the hose somehow? I'm assuming that its just normal air hose hardware and that i'll be able to get it at a hardware store... I just don't know what they are called or what size the tubing is.

2. I read that i'm suppose to disconnect the electronics to the shocks (even though they are air leveled). Where do I disconnect them at? There are some connectors that are pinned next to the top of the shock, but there is also what looks like a height leveling device near by.

3. How do I access the top of the driver side rear shock? I understand i'm supposed to remove that grey box thing held on by 3 nuts, but 2 of the nuts are just as impossible to reach as the top of the shock nuts...

Well tousley ford has informed me that the plastic barb piece only comes with the hose. And the hose is discontinued. I guess i'll just go to the hardware store tomorrow and start sticking connectors in the shock and hope one locks in :(

Couldn't find the piece. Ford still sells the receiving end (the brass ring) part though, and air suspension part sites sell the tubing (sans male end) along with double female connectors used for connecting air lines with male lines together. So this damn piece has to be sold 'somewhere'... I'll try a mark vii forum if nobody has any ideas :(

Back