• Register Today It's free!

bwm mod

chetrick87

Reaction score
City, State
CHETRICK87@GMAIL.COM
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ford explorer xlt
I have 2005 xlt explorer 4.0 with the rsc. will the bwm mod affect the rsc system at all? also where do people mount the switch if they just put a switch in and not a relay too? thanks chris

I have 2005 xlt explorer 4.0 with the rsc. will the bwm mod affect the rsc system at all? also where do people mount the switch if they just put a switch in and not a relay too? thanks chris

No need for a relay. There are three buttons for 4x4 auto high and low on the left of the radio. I got a small switch and just put my switch on the other side of the radio on that black panel that is blank.

As for the rsc it will likely act up in two wheel drive until you turn it off, then it should be fine but I can't say for sure.

On the other side I have the buttons for thr message center. And by turning off thr rsc you mean the traction button? It's been acting up q little lately. Sometimes it does not go off. It just blinks then nothing happens. Other times it goes off no problem. I have to take it apart and clean the button and around it because it gets stuck sometimesv

Back