Cabin Air Filter Access 2020 Aviator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cabin Air Filter Access 2020 Aviator

waynesworldtx

Reaction score
City, State
Angleton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Lincoln Aviator
Does anyone know how to access the cabin air filter on a 2020 Aviator ? I have found a couple of U tube videos on accessing/replacing the cabin filter on the 2020 Explorer, but the Aviator is apparently different. The glove box support arm on the Explorer comes loose by just lifting it up off the pivot, but the arm on the Aviator is fixed onto the pivot, apparently - at least I haven't been able to find any way to get it to release so the glove box can drop all the way down to allow access to the filter.
Any suggestions ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, I let my dealer do it when the time comes. So far in the 19 months I've had it, that hasn't happened yet.

Peter

Sorry, I let my dealer do it when the time comes. So far in the 19 months I've had it, that hasn't happened yet.

Peter
Yeah, I figure I will do the same, unless I happen to figure out how to do it myself without destroying the glove box pivot arm...
Thanks.

Wayne

You lift it in the direction of ~11 or 10 o'clock and it will pop up then you pull it out.

20210606_204534.jpg

Update - Stewood, you were right on ! Worked just as you said - thanks !

Back