Reaction score
City, State
Columbus
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
had 20 &16 Ltd
Callsign
Bender953
Has anyone replaced the cabin filter on your 20 Explorer yet? Wondering if it is the same setup as the previous gen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All I can tell you is that it is in the same place. I haven't read about anyone replacing it yet.

Peter

Yep, right behind the glove box. I haven't replaced it but I saw it when I was running my power wire for my amp.

Yep, right behind the glove box. I haven't replaced it but I saw it when I was running my power wire for my amp.
I ordered a new one for my 2020 and it is quite a bit thicker than the one on my 2017 which is a good thing.

Hopefully you can just tilt the glovebox door down (after emptying it out, of course) to gain access. Those push-pin clips in the 5th Gen were a real pain to get back in once you re-installed the door. Will eventually find out...

+1

Reminds me, I need to change mine. All weather gravel roads suck swamp water ................... :censored:

Please let us know how it goes. Yeah, PITA on the prev. gen X.

It took me 30 seconds to access the panel that covers the cabin filter. Very easy process

don’t forget to empty the glove box!

Could you describe the procedure?

There are two retainer clips for the glove box, look at the top left and right. Depress the clips and the glove box drops forward on the hinge. When it drops you will see the fan enclosure and a small horizontal rectangular panel. There are a couple of clips on it, remove them and you’ll see the filter.
When you put it all back together, be sure to line up the “shock” on the right side of the glove box. It slips in to a piece mounted to the dash

Back