Cabin Filter Cover Screws - Ford Explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cabin Filter Cover Screws - Ford Explorer XLT

nwranch

Reaction score
City, State
Placitas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 XLT
After purchasing a 2020 Explorer XLT, we replaced the cabin filter. The cover that holds the cabin filter has holes for the screws in addition to a couple of tabs that hold the filter securely. The screws were not there. Does anyone know what size these screws might be? Cannot seem to find them online.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think they aren't there because they aren't needed. I have a 6/2019 build and no screws.

After purchasing a 2020 Explorer XLT, we replaced the cabin filter. The cover that holds the cabin filter has holes for the screws in addition to a couple of tabs that hold the filter securely. The screws were not there. Does anyone know what size these screws might be? Cannot seem to find them online.
As themishmosh mentioned, they apparently aren't required. There are no screws/fasteners indicated in this diagram.

Peter

I think they aren't there because they aren't needed. I have a 6/2019 build and no screws.
Well, one of the tabs broke, so now they are needed. I will check directly with the dealer. Thank you for the reply.

Well, the tabs broke on mine too! I couldn't close the glove box and found the cabin filter cover behind there. In any case, I used two stainless #8, 1/2" wood screws and they worked just fine. I'm sure the intended part is for a plastic screw but I don't have any laying around.

Back