Calling all Colorado Explorers!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling all Colorado Explorers!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:(Well guys as life would have it something has come up family wise and I wont be able to attend. I hope whomever is going has a blast take some pics and wheel some for me. Hopefully next time I can come along.

joker, sorry to hear. hope you can make it to the trails again soon though.

I'm definitely in for a run. do I need to hit up the post on noco 4x4, or just plan to meet around 10?

I would plan on meeting at 10:00 on Sat Setinu put his phone # in here somewhere to get things set up.

Heres his #970-302-2785 sorry I cant make it.....

hey guys, just moved up here from texas, now im located in firestone. wish i could make it to the run with yall, but i dont think the truck is ready for the trails yet. its a 3rd gen, so i guess it will never really be ready for the trails haha. do you guy ever do any get-togethers?

heres what im rollin:
P9090002.jpg

Hey another firestone guy. Welcome.

I would plan on meeting at 10:00 on Sat Setinu put his phone # in here somewhere to get things set up.

Heres his #970-302-2785 sorry I cant make it.....

I'm going to be at the gas station on the corner of I 25 and Hy 34 at 10 am. That will be on the southwest corner of the intersection. I hope all can come! I will be in a white F350 with my X in tow. You can't miss it!

Not going to be able to make it. Have to fix the glass on the hatch.

Hey all want to wish you all a good time, take pictures Im interested in seeing these trails.

PS What time do you think we would get back if I was able to fit this trip in somehow?????

:bounce:PS What time do you think we would get back if I was able to fit this trip in somehow?????[/QUOTE]

:bounce:I dont have to be back in town tell 4:00pm on Satuday I really want to go but I need to know when everyone is heading back :bounce:

It takes about 1 hr to get to the trailhead from the gas station. If we get off the trail by 1:00 you could make it home, but it takes about 4-5 hrs to do it all.

It takes about 1 hr to get to the trailhead from the gas station. If we get off the trail by 1:00 you could make it home, but it takes about 4-5 hrs to do it all.

:bounce:Well in that case I guess I will have to be Fashionably Late to my family thing but I'll be there in the morning atleast thats the plan I have to change Hub Assemblies tonight, "AGAIN" :hammer:Loads of fun:burnout: Hope to see you all in the morning!!!!!!!!!

dude glad you could make it. jeeze, how many hubs is that for you??

now, how are you getting to the trailhead? I was thinking I could meet you somewhere along the way, as going to HWY 34 is backtracking for me. If I don't hear back from anyone, I'll just plan to meet at that conoco tomorrow, screw 30 minutes of useless driving haha.

I just got home from the trail ride. It was an awesome day of wheeling! We had a couple of trail damages along the way. I broke yet another u joint and the ZJ bent his tail pipe into a pretzel. we got the repairs done and were off for some more fun! We were up on the trail for about 8 hrs. We made it to the top of crystal mountain just before dark and it was snowing. We high-tailed it down in the dark. It made it very interesting and a little more challenging. We met some fellow offroaders and made some new friends up there. I hope Joker can get the pix up soon. Thanks to Joker1457 ans NSSJ2 for coming along and I hope to do it again soon before I tear the X down and get started on the Dana 60!

I'll try to post the pics up tonight, I had to tow my roomates Acura down the mountain yesterday, My explorer is pretty pissed a me right now....but she'll get over it. Thanks for the invite Setinu I had a blast wish I could have stayed longer. Hope everyone made it home safely.

Heres one of me leaving to get it started.......I have to upload the rest still....

Attachments

• Moody Hill Explorer.jpg
    Moody Hill Explorer.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 263

Ok guys heres a few more, this is why Setinu broke his U-Joint great Job!!!

Attachments

• Jims Ex2.jpg
    Jims Ex2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Jims Ex.jpg
    Jims Ex.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 287
  • Jim Broken ex.jpg
    Jim Broken ex.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 246

Dave and Jay's Jeeps

Well heres a couple more sorry for the blurry pics these are all off the camera phone.

Attachments

• Before the Trail.jpg
    Before the Trail.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 389
  • Jeep.jpg
    Jeep.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 596
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 587

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for posting up the pixs. The cameras do not give the quarry justice. It's a lot more hairier than it looks.

Back