Calling all Explorer's on Tennesse and bordering states!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling all Explorer's on Tennesse and bordering states!!

Vozar

Reaction score
City, State
Murfreesboro,Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
94,98 & 03 explorer
Calling all Explorer's in Tennesse and bordering states!!

There is a big wheeling event called Wheeling In The Country. It is taking place in Summertown, Tennessee near columbia. There are going to be hundreds of trucks there and is going to be very fun. It is my first time going up there and i have heard that there are some really cool trails and other things up there.The event is new years day. I would be cool to get other explorers to go out there. Respond if you are interested. If you want more info go to Wheelinginthecountry.com .I know there is a few explorers in TN. Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New Years is coming up, some people in tennesse or people close to tennessee have to be atleast a little interested.

if you ever wanna go to turkey bay ill be there second week in February... it is on the TN/KY border in Land between the Lakes state park

i plan on going there soon sometime. One of my friends reccomended it. Are you going to wheelin in the country though? It will probably be alot more fun than LBL. Probably closer. Hope you change your mind, Matt

i wont be back in nashville till at least eh 3rd of january...

BTW wheelin in the country doesnt have a very wide variety of trails.... I had a nissan pickup locked fornt and rear with 4:1 t-case gears sitting on 35's and couldnt run a lot of the stuff there.... you need Mad flex for the stuff bot front and rear:eek:

ive never been there but im going to try everything i can.Does LBL have any good stuff. Challenging stuff. I can probably go up to LBL the second week of feb. Are u taking your explorer or a atv.

LBL, I didn't know LBL had any truck trails. I thought Turkey Bay was only for ATV's. What are there trails like? Anything for a stocker to just play around in the woods with.

take out the g. This is Tennesse, it's wheelin, like huntin. I tried it and it worked.

Re: Calling all Explorer's in Tennesse and bordering states!!

Originally posted by FordBeast98
If you want more info go to Wheelinginthecountry.com

that's where i got the G from. i'll go look without it.. thanks lonestar.

lonestar-there are truck trails but atv's ride them too. Ive never been up there

JasonB- you interested in going to wheelin in the country?Im Trying to get some explorers up there.

nah i can't. going to tellico on friday. come on over for that one!

im really interested in going to tellico. When are you going next after friday? also there is another event at wheelininthecountry in about two or three weeks.interested? Matt

Too late this time, but...

I couldn't have made this trip even if I had seen it in time. My rearend is torn apart waiting on a replacement carrier.

I would like to get a run together in this part of the country. I have been to Tellico several times, but I would like to some new trails. Mapquest says Summertown is about 3 hours from me. I have also heard about Superlift's place in Hot Springs AR. There is another place called Gray Rock in AL. I have not been to either, as a matter of fact I have not wheeled in TN (excet Tellico), AL or AR, but would like to.

I just got back from wheelininthecountry. It was amazing. The trails are awesome. I was amazed to see a few explorers up there.I paid 20$ to get in and i wheeled from 9:00am to like 7:00 in the afternoon. I also really want to go to tellico. I probably wont go wheeling for another month or two though. I have to do a couple things first. I have to install my locker,SOA, make different intake or snorkel. I am up for a group run of explorers. We need to plan something.Matt

How about a run to Windrock near Oliver Springs TN. I atv there several times a year and ran up on a toyota club yesterday. They have everything from mild to wild. Maybe we should start a new thread if anyone is interested?

I've never heard of Oliver Springs. I looked it up on Mapquest it's about a 6 hour drive for me. But I have driven farther for a ride.

Is there a name of a park or area where you ride?

The site for the atv's is windrockatv.com. They have several jeep clubs that come up to rock crawl on rattle rock and trail ride. Do some searches for windrock, rattle rock and coal creek mining. This area is still an active mining area, they also have 3 huge windmills on the top of on of the mountains. They are also pumping oil and natural gas out of the area. It makes for some new trails all the time. They have maps and the trails are marked for mountain bikes, motorcycles and atv or jeep. Let me know if you are interested in coming over to the east side of the state.

sounds interesting. DO you know how far it is away from the Brentwood/Nashville area?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2 1/2 to 3 hours, I-40 to exit 347 (Harriman)go north about 1/2 hour to Oliver Springs. they have a big parking area to meet in. A $10.00 pass for the day is required.

Back