Can A 2WD drive A4ld be converted to 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can A 2WD drive A4ld be converted to 4x4

LXNavajo_94

Reaction score
City, State
Hendersonville,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 navajo lx
Reason Im asking my brother has a A4ld out of a 94 ranger 2wd with the 4.0. Im needing to rebuild my transmission out of my navajo. I was wondering if it wasn't too much trouble I could use this 2wd trans til I get finished with my rebuild. Im figguring the tail shaft cover will come off but is the output shaft the same, or will I have to completly tear it down to get a shft that would mate to my transfer case ???? :usa:

or you can just use the 2wd tranny with out the t/c use a shorter drive shaft. so that you will only have 2wd. at least you are still mobile while you save up to get your 4wd tranny is being rebuild.

or you can just use the 2wd tranny with out the t/c use a shorter drive shaft. so that you will only have 2wd. at least you are still mobile while you save up to get your 4wd tranny is being rebuild.

That's a good point, just take your t-case out temporarily and stay 2wd. You would need a longer driveshaft to go up to the tranny, but it MIGHT bolt up from the ranger. Not sure about that however, just do some measuring. Make sure the connections to the axle are the same, too.

Back